We meet in the inner northern suburbs of Hobart but our members live
in many different places around the greater Hobart area. Most of our services are held in two church buildings located in the suburb of New Town.
St James’ Anglican
Street (cnr of Rupert Ave), New
Anglican meets closest to the city. We meet in New Town at the southern end
just 2 km north of the city centre on the edge of the suburbs of North Hobart
and Mount Stuart. St James was
established in 1916 to serve the growing community around Augusta Road, New
St John’s Anglican
14 St John’s
Avenue, New Town
Anglican meets in the St John’s Park Precinct at the northern end of New Town
4 km from the Hobart city centre. St John’s Park is situated on the edge of
the suburbs of New Town and Moonah. The historic St John’s building was opened
in 1835 and is the oldest church building in continual use in our city.
St James’ and St John’s church buildings have wheelchair accessible entrances
at street level. At St James easy access is available from Rupert Avenue and at
St John’s from St John’s Avenue. St James Hall, 462 Elizabeth St, New Town, was
renovated in 2014 to provide easy access.
At St James a few parking spaces are available on site for early birds
or you can park on Rupert Avenue or nearby in Augusta Road. At St John’s, parking is available along St John’s
Please respect our neighbours and ensure access is not blocked
for local residents.